Unit 5 – Food – Drinks ESL Kids Lesson
Unit 5: Food & Drinks
- The purpose of this lesson is to teach English learners how to order food in a restaurant and to express desire.
- To learn to use the expressions ‘I want’ and ‘I would like’ to make a request. The modal verb ‘would’ is used to make requests sound more polite.
- This ESL kids lesson also introduces food and drinks vocabulary.
- The lesson will also teach students how to use the modal verb ‘would’ to make a polite request.
- This unit also teaches the use of the partitives – ‘a bowl of,' ‘a piece of.'
Main Lesson Materials & Study Steps
Freddie and Lisa are out playing at a park. Lisa feels hungry, and they decide to get some food. A conversation about food begins in the fast food restaurant.
|food and drink – sandwich, cake, pizza, ice cream, hamburger, bread, egg, hot dog, coke, lemonade, orange juice, bowl, bar, slice, piece|
Modal verb ‘Would’ for Polite Requests
Verb ‘to want’ when ordering food
Food Partitives for Quantity or Amount