Unit 3 – Zoo Visit Kids English Lesson
Unit 3: Zoo Visit
- This lesson teaches English learners how to describe animals by what they look like and what they eat.
- The lesson teaches ESL/EFL students zoo animal vocabulary and adjectives.
- They will also learn to use ‘like’ to compare things by how they look.
- This lesson focuses on asking and responding to questions about descriptions of things. Therefore, it either reinforces or teaches new adjectives to describe
- Students will also learn to ask for descriptions of nouns using 'like.'
- The lesson also covers verbs in the simple present tense with a particular focus on the third-person singular.
Main Lesson Materials & Study Steps
Dad is taking Lisa and Freddie on a trip to the zoo. A zookeeper guides them through the zoo in a trolley. Freddie and Lisa have a lot of questions about the animals, which Dad and the zookeeper take turns answering. Lisa is so excited that she jumps out of the trolley to interact with the monkeys. She soon learns that monkeys can be great at mischief. Before she knows it, her hat is gone!
|panda, bamboo, giraffe, ostrich, zebra, lion, tiger, meat, fruit, leaves, zookeeper, heavy, large, long, trunk, zoo, trolley, monkey, camel, elephant, rhino, hippo|
LIKE - for questions about descriptions:
We can also describe things by the actions they perform
Action verbs and the 3rd person singular