Unit 3: Zoo Visit
- This lesson teaches English learners how to describe animals by what they look like and what they eat.
- The lesson teaches ESL/EFL students zoo animal vocabulary and adjectives.
- They will also learn to use ‘like’ to compare things by how they look.
- This lesson focuses on asking and responding to questions about descriptions of things. Therefore, it either reinforces or teaches new adjectives to describe
- Students will also learn to ask for descriptions of nouns using 'like.'
- The lesson also covers verbs in the simple present tense with a particular focus on the third-person singular.
Main Lesson Materials & Study Steps
1st –This cartoon animated video features a short dialogue, followed by vocabulary and sentence breakdown. It is essential for introducing the words, phrases, grammar, spelling and sentences of the lesson in context. Watch repeatedly to master the content. The video plays on any device.
2nd – Then the student plays this fun game after watching the video, to practice the contents of the lesson. The game reviews key vocabulary, grammar and sentences from the lessons. This game can be played on any device.
3rd – Finally the learner takes this test of the unit. The score of this test is captured in the LMS and gives educators an idea of how well their learner is doing. The test opens on any device – mobile & PC.
Worksheets for the Unit
The worksheets below are useful for offline and classroom activities. These printable exercises directly correlate with the above lesson 'Zoo Visit'. Every worksheet comes with an answer sheet on the second page for educators.
Already a Member?
Not a member yet?
Dad is taking Lisa and Freddie on a trip to the zoo. A zookeeper guides them through the zoo in a trolley. Freddie and Lisa have a lot of questions about the animals, which Dad and the zookeeper take turns answering. Lisa is so excited that she jumps out of the trolley to interact with the monkeys. She soon learns that monkeys can be great at mischief. Before she knows it, her hat is gone!
|panda, bamboo, giraffe, ostrich, zebra, lion, tiger, meat, fruit, leaves, zookeeper, heavy, large, long, trunk, zoo, trolley, monkey, camel, elephant, rhino, hippo|
LIKE - for questions about descriptions:
We can also describe things by the actions they perform
Action verbs and the 3rd person singular
This lesson is part of the Level 3 English course.