Unit 4: Inside Me
- This English lesson for children teaches vocabulary about internal body organs and their functions.
- This ESL lesson also teaches children basic actions by a doctor during a health check.
- The lesson also focuses on the use of the third person singular and plural to talk about the functions of internal body parts.
Main Lesson Materials & Study Steps
1st –This cartoon animated video features a short dialogue, followed by vocabulary and sentence breakdown. It is essential for introducing the words, phrases, grammar, spelling and sentences of the lesson in context. Watch repeatedly to master the content. The video plays on any device.
2nd – Then the student plays this fun game after watching the video, to practice the contents of the lesson. The game reviews key vocabulary, grammar and sentences from the lessons. This game can be played on any device.
3rd – Finally the learner takes this test of the unit. The score of this test is captured in the LMS and gives educators an idea of how well their learner is doing. The test opens on any device – mobile & PC.
Worksheets for the Unit
The worksheets below are useful for offline and classroom activities. These printable exercises directly correlate with the above lesson 'Inside Me'. Every worksheet comes with an answer sheet on the second page for educators.
Already a Member?
Mom has just brought Lisa to the hospital for a health check. During the visit, Lisa asks the doctor several questions about internal body parts. The poster of a liver and gallbladder in the doctor’s office catches her attention and leads to yet another question.
Internal body organs
Internal body organs and functions
|· heart||· to pump blood|
|· brain||· to think|
|· blood||· to carry oxygen|
|· liver & gallbladder||· to break down food|
|· lungs||· to breathe|
|· intestines||· to digest & expel waste|
- The heart pumps blood to the rest of the body.
- We think with the brain.
- We breathe through the lungs.
- The blood carries oxygen to the rest of the body.
- The intestines help to digest food in the body.
- The intestines also help to expel waste from the body.
- The liver & gallbladder help to break down food.
- The body needs oxygen.
- A doctor checks your heartbeat with a stethoscope.
- A doctor makes sure the heart is beating at a normal pace.
- A doctor uses a stethoscope to check your heartbeat.
This lesson is part of the Level 7 English course.