Unit 4 – Inside Me English Lesson for Kids
Unit 4: Inside Me
- This English lesson for children teaches vocabulary about internal body organs and their functions.
- This ESL lesson also teaches children basic actions by a doctor during a health check.
- The lesson also focuses on the use of the third person singular and plural to talk about the functions of internal body parts.
Main Lesson Materials & Study Steps
Mom has just brought Lisa to the hospital for a health check. During the visit, Lisa asks the doctor several questions about internal body parts. The poster of a liver and gallbladder in the doctor’s office catches her attention and leads to yet another question.
Internal body organs
Internal body organs and functions
|· heart||· to pump blood|
|· brain||· to think|
|· blood||· to carry oxygen|
|· liver & gallbladder||· to break down food|
|· lungs||· to breathe|
|· intestines||· to digest & expel waste|
- The heart pumps blood to the rest of the body.
- We think with the brain.
- We breathe through the lungs.
- The blood carries oxygen to the rest of the body.
- The intestines help to digest food in the body.
- The intestines also help to expel waste from the body.
- The liver & gallbladder help to break down food.
- The body needs oxygen.
- A doctor checks your heartbeat with a stethoscope.
- A doctor makes sure the heart is beating at a normal pace.
- A doctor uses a stethoscope to check your heartbeat.