Unit 10: Home/Actions
- This lesson will teach ESL/EFL students how to talk about progressive actions.
- This English lesson focuses on action verbs in the present progressive tense.
- The context of the lesson is in a home environment. Therefore, vocabulary relating to the rooms at home are taught.
- Students will also learn a few nouns that often collocate with particular verbs – reading a book, watching TV, The result is to develop a learner’s vocabulary prediction skills.
- This lesson also contrasts the use of the present simple for habitual actions versus the present progressive for on-going actions.
Main Lesson Materials & Study Steps
Worksheets for the Unit
The worksheets below are useful for offline and classroom activities. These printable exercises directly correlate with the above lesson 'Home Actions'. Every worksheet comes with an answer sheet on the second page for educators.
Already a Member?
Bob comes to visit Freddie, who is watching TV at home. Mom orders Freddie and Bob to watch TV in the room because Dad is reading. When they get to the room, they find Lisa sleeping on her painting.
|reading, watching TV, painting, cooking, writing, sleeping, drinking, eating, walking, running, dancing, singing, bedroom, living room, bathroom, kitchen, dining room|
Present Simple versus Present Progressive
Verb & Noun Collocations
This lesson is part of the Level 2 English course.