English Lessons for Kindergarten, Level 2
Nice to meet you.
- Objectives: Learn to greet people the first time using formulaic expressions. Learn how to respond to first meeting greetings.
- Vocabulary/Phrases: nice, meet, you, nice to meet you, nice to meet you too
How many apples?
- Objectives: Learn to ask and answer questions using the question format ‘How many’. Also learn to count from one to ten.
- Vocabulary: Numbers, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, apples
How old are you?
- Objectives: Learn to ask and answer questions about age using the question format ‘How old are you?’
- Vocabulary/Sentences: Numbers, one, two, three, four, five, six, years, old etc. How old are you? I'm six years old.
Can you run fast?
- Objectives: Learn to ask and answer questions about ability using the modal verb ‘can/can't’ in conjunction with other action verbs.
- Vocabulary: action verbs – jump, run, swim, fly, walk, clap, write etc.
What are you wearing?
- Objectives: To learn to ask for and give descriptions of things by color. Learn to describe clothes using colors.
- Vocabulary: clothes and colors – T-shirt, yellow, shorts, purple, pink, red, green, etc.
Where is my teddy?
- Objectives: Learn to talk about the positions of things using the question form 'Where is' and prepositions of place.
- Vocabulary: toys – teddy bear, robot, car, plane, etc.
I come to school by car.
- Objectives: Learn to talk about means of transportation using the question format 'how do you?'.
- Vocabulary: transportation – foot, car, plane, bus, bicycle, taxi, truck, van etc.
My father is a doctor.
- Objectives: Learn to talk about jobs and occupations. Ask and answer questions and describe the jobs & occupations.
- Vocabulary: jobs –doctor, dentist, nurse, police officer, firefighter, teacher, farmer etc.
How's the weather?
- Objectives: Learn to talk about weather conditions using the question form 'how is'. The lesson will also focus on key phrasal verbs used when talking about dressing in up for the weather (put on vs. take off).
- Vocabulary: weather conditions – sunny, hot, rainy, sunglasses, umbrella, sweater, shorts, hat, put on, take off etc.